2/1/15 Board Meeting Minutes

APSC XXI Board Meeting Agenda Sunday, February 1, 2015. 5 PM EST.

Rodin Study Room 104

 

Where is everyone living next year? -

 

Updates

 

TD: Everyone: think about retreat, what you want out of APSC

- APSC Board “liaisons” for each constituent group

Chair

    • 5B Meeting
      • Meeting on Thursday to discuss PhiDelt issue didn’t happen, and issue was not brought up during the meeting as promised
      • Meeting next week to discuss Zero Tolerance policy or sending representatives to take courses
    • ASAM
      • Waiting on response regarding possible collab
    • 5B Transition Meeting

 

  • TD Jin: Email old 5B asking about 5B transition meeting

 

  • Phi Delt/Greek Life
    • Skeleton structure on how we want to move forward: Send 2-3 reps from each organization to go to training and report back to their organizations
    • Working with UMC to make structure of workshop
  • Got Consent Photo Campaign
    • Board members went to photoshoot on Jan. 30
    • Hear back from Isabella in 1-2 weeks
  • Fossil Free Penn Collab at GBM
    • Invited board member to speak at next GBM to see if APSC constituents are willing to sign onto petition
  • NEC UC speaker at GBM
    • Speaking about constituent groups individually applying to University Council
    • Concern: If groups did apply, then would APSC be weakened?
      • Permanent seats for the 5B are in the works
  • ARCH Programming
    • Starting up again soon
    • Has a budget that can go towards events, but ARCH only contains ⅗ of 5B
  • SFSAB
    • Finally meeting!
    • Jin will attend to represent APSC

Vice Chair

    • Board Social Events
      • XXI Board went to Buddakan, YAY
      • Fresh Off the Boat viewing?
        • First episode premieres 8:30 EST (during GBM...bummer)
    • Board Gear
      • Order is in!
    • PAACH Anniversary
      • PEER speakers confirmed
      • Planned on inviting someone that can provide a student perspective as opposed to an all administrative one
      • Moderator needed for Feb. 20th from 3-6pm (JIN!)
      • Applying to Penn Traditions for funding

 

  • TD Jennie & Lawrence: Complete funding applications from various boards

 

    • UPAAN
      • Pairing up alumni with current students, planning is in process

 

  • TD Jennie: Email to receive more information

 

  • Lunar New Year
    • CSA & PTS are collaborating
    • Bring up APA wide collab event at next GBM

Political

    • University Council
      • APSC currently has two strikes, seat transfer is still in process and will be completed on Monday
      • Cannot miss any more meetings
    • 5B: CDUS restructuring
      • Adding a survey into the course evaluations
      • Need to meet to discuss how the survey data will be beneficial
    • Mental Health Discussion Initiative
      • 5B seemed interested

 

  • TD Albert: Tell 5B to send a representative to discuss this initiative

 

  • UA Steering
    • No meeting this week
  • Meetings with presidents
    • Ongoing
    • SAS and Penn Q&A are doing an LGBT event in February, APSC can help with marketing
    • Meeting with SAS president
      • Addressed concern about lesser representation in APSC from South Asians

Constituent

  • APSC Dollars
  • Lunch w/ a Senior
    • Emailed seniors to see if they would like to opt out
  • Constituent Board Mixers
    • Received a couple of responses
  • Figuring out Board transitions
  • Presidents dinner
    • Date still TBD

Finance

    • T-Change/ICF/Penn Traditions
      • Finally met!
      • ICF still has $15000 left
      • T-Change has $24000 left
    • Upcoming Funding Applications
      • ClubSing March 22nd - Sing, City, asking for $6250
    • Budget
    • Corporate Sponsorship
      • Discussion
    • Funding Seminar

 

  • TD Lawrence: Send out email tonight and work on presentation

 

External

    • APSC wide arts show

 

  • TD Sarah: Send Lisa more information about Asian Arts Initiative Open House → listserv

 

    • Penn Fashion Week

 

  • TD Sarah: Email them back to express interest

 

    • 5B Speakeasy
    • Yellow Rage
    • DFD/Awkwafina - Feb. 19th at 8pm
      • FInal details: Inside Penn Museum, hardwood floor - about $1350
      • DFD and Awkwafina staying at Sarah’s apartment
      • $1030 for extra sound equipment
      • Kevin Park has turn tables and can DJ
      • Total: $6475.50
      • Ticketed event: $8 presale, $10 at the door
      • Marketing starting this weekend, apply to funding boards
    • 76ers Asian Heritage NIght - March 30th
      • SAS, KSA, PTS, CSA (on the fence) are interested in getting invovled
        • 175+ would include high 5 tunnel, cost $22 each
        • 90 tickets 40 at $35 each, 20 get to high five lakers
        • Lesser tickets, lose security deposit (must be put in soon)
      • Performances during half time

 

  • TD Sarah: Call Molly telling her we are still uncertain and also contact PAACH for possible subsidizing

 

  • ECAASU
    • Registration is now $85 per person ($75 for groups of 20+)
  • Dan aka Dan
    • $700 + $500 for travel (Can probably negotiate further)
    • Planned tentatively for April 5th
    • KSA is interested to collab

Communications

  • Video Project
    • Waiting on more videos
  • Annual Report formatting
  • Website
    • Implementing suggestions
  • Branching out from APA community
    • In touch with AAJA
  • Past initiatives?

Discussion

    • APSC Board Retreat!
      • Saturday Feb. 7 starting at 12pm
    • Town Hall Recap
    • GBM Planning
      • Guest Speakers: Fossil Free Penn, NEC (~5 min each) - Jin
      • Icebreaker - Where the wind blows - Jennie, Brandon
        • Relate it to Fresh Off the Boat
      • Constituent group announcements at the beginning
        • ITASA
        • TD Brandon: Ask someone from the group to speak during constituent group announcements
      • ECAASU- Lisa, Jin (testimonial)
      • Dan aka Dan - Sarah
      • DFD/Awkwafina reminder - Sarah
      • 76ers - Sarah
      • Asian Arts Initiative open house - Sarah
      • Go into funding seminar
      • LEAP Nominations - Albert
    • LEAP (Leadership in Events and Programming)
      • APSC Olympics will be culminating event, but small projects along the way
        • A way to lead their own project, meet new people, get closer to other constituent groups
      • “chalk the walk” help with mental health project (once a month)
      • Bubble tea fundraisers
      • different committees: Creative, Finance, Marketing
      • Need to send email to those who expressed interest at SAC Fair and other potential members
        • Application process

 

  • TD Jin: Send reminder email that application is due on Tuesday
  • TD Jennie: Reminder email for PEE

 

        • “whose mission is to provide opportunity to, cultivate, and empower individuals pursuing leadership at the University of Pennsylvania. AC functions from a project oriented standpoint to create dialogue over APIA issues, facilitate communication among rising leaders, increase access to past and present APIA leaders, and make tangible on-campus impact. “-
    • 15 Year Anniversary Event Planning with PEER
    • APSC Person of the Week

 

  • TD Lisa: Post on Monday

 

  • Ferguson
    • Follow up